The London Green Fair next weekend (4th and 5th June) at Regents Park will play host to an rather strange event (unless, like me, you're a cycling, music-loving environmentalist)...
The London Bicycle Music Festival 2011 is combining music and cycling with a sound system and PA powered by bikes attached to alternators which act like generators. So you can pedal whilst you listen - dance whilst you pedal - pedal whilst you perform (or any combination of them).
With 8 bands playing over the weekend, Dr. Bike clinics, cycle maintenance workshops, slow bicycle races and new cycle trials, Regents Park will be THE place to be for anyone in London on two wheels.
And that's just the BikeFest. Other parts of the Green fair will be hosting:
- 2 full days of festival music with a global/local twist on the main stage - expect cuban, ska, gypsy, roots and beats;
- Ethical fashion Zone - workshops on Saturday and Sunday, Fashion show and Swapshop on Sunday;
- Spoken Word Tent - diverse and radical rhymes and rhythms from the TW Rhino camp, on Saturday;
- A huge children's area, with craft and costume making, felting, edible labyrinth, dance, and theatre; folk song and dance, maypole activities, Ceilidh sessions, mask and garland making on our village green;
- Speaker's tent presents some very special guests;
- Campaigning stalls and exhibits;
London Permaculture zone;
- Sustainable transpor;
- Healing area;
- Global Cuisine & Ethical markets;
- Quiet spaces and gorgeous scenery guaranteed!